TANGO “ABOVE THE FOLD” NONPROFIT CONSULTINGConcentrated High-Value Fixed-Fee Engagements for TANGO Members
Board of Director Oversight & Mentoring
Nonprofits periodically face serious, even potentially calamitous situations, that are far outside the ordinary course of business. The situation can be more than board members ever anticipated or may be equipped to handle on their own. These situations can include:
- The possibility of financial collapse
- The discovery of unlawful conduct by staff members
- Whistleblower claims
- Disagreements between the board and the CEO
- State or federal governmental investigations
- Uninsured or underinsured losses
- Schisms between board members who cannot agree on important matters,
- Disputes with major donors
- Protecting endowment and other investment assets
- The creation of subsidiary nonprofit organizations
- The creation of subsidiary for-profit organizations
Analysis background documents.
We will read, review, and analyze the documents provided to us under Step One, and get back to you with any questions, comments or requests for additional information to provide us with a strategic overview and to allow us to formulate our recommendations
A meeting or meetings with your team to address your concerns, answer your questions, and recommendations about proceeding or not, as the facts indicate.
We will meet in person with your board and/or executive team to review our analysis of the documents, answer previous and any new questions, and make necessary and appropriate recommendations. We will also be available for follow-up calls and emails, as necessary or appropriate.
Working with your professional advisors.
We do not provide legal services but can help set the stage for legal work that may be needed; and we will work in concert with your law firm, accounting firm, and other professional advisors. If you need other professional services we will help you find qualified assistance in the TANGO network or through our system of contacts.
Based on our experience, and assuming adherence to the four-step process described above, we anticipate fixed fees in the $2,000 to $2,500 range. The specific terms and conditions of the engagement will be memorialized in an engagement letter agreement before work commences.