TANGO “ABOVE THE FOLD” NONPROFIT CONSULTINGConcentrated High-Value Fixed-Fee Engagements for TANGO Members
Board of Director Oversight & Mentoring
Nonprofits periodically face serious, even potentially calamitous situations, that are far outside the ordinary course of business. The situation can be more than board members ever anticipated or may be equipped to handle on their own. These situations can include:
- The possibility of financial collapse
- The discovery of unlawful conduct by staff members
- Whistleblower claims
- Disagreements between the board and the CEO
- State or federal governmental investigations
- Uninsured or under insured losses
- Schisms between board members who cannot agree on important matters,
- Disputes with major donors
- Protecting endowment and other investment assets
- The creation of subsidiary nonprofit organizations
- The creation of subsidiary for-profit organizations
In complex and delicate situations, it is imperative that the board members be fully aware of the procedural rules that guide their deliberations, and the substantive nature of their duties to the organizations when they vote.
An engagement might include, for example, instructing board members of the nature of their obligations, discussions with the CEO without board members present, meeting with individual board members or the entire board, attending board meetings to participate and guide the discussion, and locating and/or working with legal counsel, auditor, and other professionals when necessary or appropriate.
Based on our experience and presuming that you are able to respond quickly to information and conference requests, we will quote a fixed fee before commencing work. In the simplest of cases our goal would be to complete these assignments in the $1,000 to $1,500 range, with more complex matters in the $2,500 to $5,000 range. The specific terms and conditions of the engagement will be memorialized in an engagement letter agreement before work commences.