TANGO Founder's Forum - May 2023
Managing Director, NFP
President & Founder, TANGO
It’s a 2 Way Street. . .
First, I would like to thank everyone who participated in TANGOFest. This was a wonderful day of celebration for having 1500 nonprofit organizations choosing to join TANGO. The attendees were a mix of socially conscious business-people, nonprofit leaders and their wonderful employees. Beyond our celebration we also raised money for The TANGO Foundation’s Rising Star Scholarship Awards. None of this would have been possible without the generous support of our and Business friends. All who share the spirit of what TANGO is all about.
As many of you know I created TANGO to serve as a platform or community that enables socially conscious businesses to support nonprofits for the betterment of BOTH. I am often asked how does a privately held company benefit?
There are numerous reasons why it is important for privately held companies to support nonprofits in their communities:
- Social Responsibility: Privately held companies have a social responsibility to give back to the communities in which they operate. By supporting nonprofits, they can contribute to the well-being and development of their local communities, addressing important social issues and improving the lives of individuals and families.
- Positive Reputation: Supporting nonprofits enhances a company’s reputation and improves its image among consumers, employees, and other stakeholders. It shows that the company is committed to making a positive impact beyond its own financial success. This can lead to increased customer loyalty, improved employee morale, and a favorable perception in the eyes of the public.
- Employee Engagement and Retention: Supporting nonprofits can be a valuable way to engage employees and foster a sense of purpose in their work. Many employees value opportunities to make a difference in their communities, and when a company supports nonprofits, it provides employees with a platform to contribute and participate in meaningful initiatives. This, in turn, can improve employee satisfaction, productivity, and retention.
- Collaboration and Innovation: Partnering with nonprofits can facilitate collaboration and innovation. Nonprofits often have expertise and insights into social issues, and by working together, companies can gain new perspectives and approaches to address these challenges. Such collaborations can lead to creative solutions and mutual benefits for both the company and the nonprofit.
- Economic Impact: Supporting nonprofits can have a positive economic impact on the local community. Nonprofits often play a vital role in addressing social and economic disparities, providing essential services, and supporting vulnerable populations. By investing in nonprofits, companies contribute to the overall well-being and stability of the community, fostering economic growth and sustainability.
- Long-Term Sustainability: Supporting nonprofits aligns with the long-term sustainability goals of many companies. By addressing social and environmental issues, companies can contribute to a more inclusive and equitable society, which in turn creates a conducive environment for their own business success. It reflects a commitment to the long-term well-being of the community and the planet.
Overall, supporting nonprofits allows privately held companies to make a positive impact, build strong relationships within their communities, and contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive society. It’s a 2 way street. . . we need each other and when done well both mutually benefit.
Thank you for your support!