Murtha Cullina - TANGO Partner
Partner Services: Legal
The Tax-Exempt Organizations Practice Group at Murtha Cullina counsels a diverse array of tax-exempt organizations including start-up public charities, social service providers, healthcare organizations, private foundations, educational institutions, religious institutions, social clubs and trade associations, among others.
In recent years, the Group has counseled clients in connection with cutting-edge projects such as the creation of integrated affiliated systems containing nonprofit and for-profit organizations as well as the conversions of nonprofit entities into for-profit entities and vice versa. Murtha Cullina also regularly advises clients regarding planned giving issues as well as the navigation of mergers, affiliations, joint ventures and other collaborations. The Group invests significant time in familiarizing itself with the nonprofit sector generally by regularly presenting to nonprofit executives, volunteer fiduciaries and advisors as well as serving in volunteer capacity for various tax-exempt organizations.
TANGO Region Served:
- With more than 100 attorneys in six offices throughout CT, MA & NY, Murtha Cullina LLP offers a full range of legal services to meet the local, regional and national needs of our clients.
- Our practice encompasses litigation, regulatory and transactional representation of businesses, governmental units, nonprofit organizations and individuals.
- Core practice areas include litigation, finance and lending, insurance recovery, labor and employment, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, construction, energy, health care, trusts and estates, affordable housing, real estate, land use and retail and hospitality.
Special Savings for TANGO Members
- Free and in-depth initial client consultations
- Access to mutually agreeable alternative fee arrangements to facilitate long-term and trust-based relationships
- On-site educational training on various topics of interest
280 Trumbull Street, 12th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Contact: Edward B. Spinella
Phone: (860) 240-6059
Other offices: New Haven, Stamford,
White Plains, Boston, Woburn