TANGO Member Showcase - July 2021
Sojourner House is an innovative and comprehensive nonprofit organization serving victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking in Rhode Island. We offer emergency shelter, housing, and a continuum of empowering services that meet the unique needs of survivors of abuse. Our goal is to assist victims with overcoming trauma and achieving safe and self-sufficient lives
Services We Provide
- 24/7 hotline
- Drop-in Center
- Emergency shelters for all genders, including for male-identifying and non-binary survivors; and a shelter specifically for human trafficking survivors
- Over 125 supportive housing units
- Rental assistance
- Access to basic necessities, such as utility assistance, transportation vouchers, emergency medical supplies, food, toiletries and household supplies
- Case management services
- Individual counseling & support groups
- Immigration legal assistance
- Education and training programs
- Rapid HIV & Hep-C testing
- Prevention programs & street outreach
- School-based advocacy
- Summer camp
Sojourner House Accomplishments
- Sojourner House is constantly innovating to meet the needs of our survivors of abuse, and we have grown exponentially over the past 5 years in nontraditional areas to respond to the overwhelming needs of the populations we serve. Our budget and staff have increased 4x in just 5 years, and we updated our mission to be more inclusive, which allows us to serve more clients with wraparound services throughout the entire state.
This summer, we are expanding our offices to include a public location in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, which has only had confidential space up until now.
View the following links that highlight our organization!
Sojourner House is getting into the housing business in Rhode Island (Boston Globe 2021 Article)
Sojourner House 45th Anniversary
TANGO’s Impact on Sojourner House
Tango has been a great help to Sojourner House. We have utilized Tango’s online resources and participated in the free training opportunities, including one on how to create mission-focused digital content in-house. Sojourner House furthers its mission through various partnerships and collaborations. Tango has helped us to connect to other community-based organizations and resources, and we have helped Tango to connect to other Rhode Island-based community organizations. We believe that by working together we can effect positive change in our community.
Contact Us Today!
386 Smith Street, Providence, RI 02908